Prep time 30 minutes, ready in 1 hour and 10 minutes
- 5 portobello mushrooms
- 1 link Ed Hipp’s Smoked Turkey Sausage* without casing
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
*Choose according to your taste: Ed Hipp’s Mild or Hot Smoked Turkey Sausage
- Remove stems from portobello mushrooms. Arrange the mushroom caps, bottoms up, on a medium baking sheet. Chop the stems and set aside.
- Place turkey sausage link on a small baking sheet. Cook uncovered in the preheated oven 15 minutes, or until the interior is no longer pink. Remove from heat and chop.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix together chopped mushroom stems, chopped sausage, chopped garlic, crushed garlic, cayenne pepper, black pepper and seasoned bread crumbs. Slowly cook and stir 5 to 7 minutes, or until bread crumbs begin to brown. Remove from heat, allow to cool approximately 10 minutes and transfer to a medium bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix cream cheese and Parmesan cheese into the mushroom stem mixture. Stuff the mushroom caps with the mixture.
- Bake stuffed mushrooms in the preheated oven 20 minutes, or until stuffing is lightly browned.
Source of recipe and photo: Allrecipes.com. Recipe by CAROLINENOW. Original title “Caroline and Brian’s Stuffed Mushrooms.” Note that original recipe did not specify Ed Hipp’s brand sausage.